English Premier League has the best clubs in Europe, to take part and compete for the winner’s award. Whereas, the popularity of this tournament has no bounds also making it one of the most professional leagues in the entire world. The tournament was founded as the FA Premier League on 20th February 1992. Check Here Complete Details Premier League Prize Money 2021: How Much Will The Winner Get?.
Most importantly the prize money is also going to increase by £180m after the Premier League’s broadcasting deals from the year 2019-20 edition. The revenues from ticket sales set extremely impact due to COVID-19 as matches are also playing behind closed doors. However, the Premier League prize money 2021 is very profitable with a total payout is almost expected around £2.64billion.
However, with a huge number of fans, there also comes a large amount of money from the investors. There are many investors that invest a huge amount of money in this league. Also, because of a very large number of fans that come to see this match, there is a large amount of money generated by the sales of the tickets and also from broadcast revenue.
There’s is also a large number of viewers contributing to the record-breaking viewerships of match broadcasts. Hence; the revenue collected by TV broadcasting is majestic. However, get an idea of this the club finishing at the bottom position still gets paid more than £82 m.
2021 Premier League Prize Money
How Much Will The Winner Get?
The prize money pool for the previous year 2019-2020 season of the premier league will be around £2.64 billion.
Here’s the breakdown of the Premier League 2021 money among clubs,
- Domestic TV rights
- Equal Share: Now, in this 50% of the total money will be divided equally between all the teams.
- Merit Payment: However, the next 25% of the total money will be divided on the basis of the final positions of the team in the league table.
- Merit Payments: Whereas, the last 25% of the total money will be divided on the basis of how many times teams match was shown live.
- International broadcasting revenues
- All the overseas money will be divided equally between all the teams in the league.