As one of the biggest clubs in the history of the game, Real Madrid have almost always had the pick of the best players in the world – both in terms of them wanting to join, and in terms of Real Madrid being able to pay them. These sums, in football’s current and recent markets, have been some astronomical figures. In the table below are the Real Madrid players salaries per week.
Note: This piece has been updated after Casemiro’s transfer. Click the link below for his salary details at Manchester United.
Real Madrid players salary per week 2021-22
|Name||Salary per week|
The table above is a list of Real Madrid player salaries per week at the start of the 2021-22 season. Based on this data, Real Madrid’s wage bill at the start of the 2021 season was at least €5,931,500, or close to 6 million euros per week. That translates to a yearly wage bill of €308,438,000, or close to 309 millions euros per year. Below is a list of Real Madrid player salary per year at the start of the 2021-22 season.
Real Madrid players salary per year in 2021-22
|Name||Salary per year|
Who are the highest paid Real Madrid players?
- Eden Hazard – €450,000 per week
- David Alaba – €425,000 per week
- Toni Kroos – €350,000 per week
- Karim Benzema – €325,000 per week
- Luka Modric – €325,000 per week
- Thibaut Courtois – €300,000 per week
- Marcelo – €300,000 per week
- Isco – €245,000 per week
- Vinícius Junior – €215,000 per week
- Ferland Mendy – €180,000 per week
- Dani Carvajal – €180,000 per week
- Luka Jovic – €180,000 per week
- Eder Militao – €180,000 per week
Real Madrid highest paid players
- Eden Hazard – The Belgian winger moved to Real Madrid in a marquee transfer in 2019, with a speculated transfer value of €100 million. Like Bale, Hazard was signed after a sensational run of form in the English Premier League. He was meant to be a direct replacement to Cristiano Ronaldo, who left the team for Juventus in 2018. Hazard’s salary when he joined Real Madrid was €400,000 per week. Currently, he earns €450,000 per week or a cool €23.4 million per year.
- David Alaba – The Austrian defender joined Real Madrid on a free transfer at the start of the 2021-22 season after seven dominant seasons with Bayern Munich, during which he became one of the most reliable and versatile defensive players in the world. Alaba’s salary is €425,000 per week which translates to €22.1 million per year. That makes him one of the highest paid defender in the world.
- Toni Kroos – Another high-profile import from Bayern Munich is the German midfielder, who has become a mainstay for Real Madrid since his move in the 2014-15 season. Toni Kroos makes €350,000 per week which translates to €18.2 million per year.
- Karim Benzema – The French striker has etched his name into the hall of fame when it comes to Real Madrid, and will be remembered as a legend forever – both for this club and in European football. He joined Real Madrid in 2009 from Olympique Lyon as a22-year-old, for a transfer fee of €35 million, rising to €41 million with incentives. Karim Benzema earns €325,000 per week, which is about €16.9 million per year.